Friday, January 16, 2015

Honey Salt

I have had Honey Salt on my peripheral radar for some time, but always felt rather lackluster about actually trying them. I finally got the opportunity to give them a try for lunch and without keeping you in suspense, the food and service was as lackluster as I had anticipated.

They were pretty busy during lunch time but we were seated immediately. It took a while for our server to acknowledge us and throughout our meal this remained an issue. He would ebe attentive for a minute and then he'd disappear, promising refills and spare utensils and then not delivering on these requests. I resorted to flag several waiters and busboys down for a spoon to be able to eat my soup which was cooling off quickly and get refills on tea and water.

On to the food. I decided on the fried chicken sandwich since it seemed to have universally positive reviews. This came with fries and I opted for a cup of soup and bread pudding for dessert, which me and my dining companion shared.

The sandwich was nothing to write home about, it lacked any originality and didn't have much flavor. The fries were hard and under seasoned and even the soup was dull. None of the flavors did anything for me. The bread pudding was fine, but it was not memorable in any way. 

All the food just seems overly pretentious and lacking any sort of excitement in the flavor department. Even now, over a week later, I can barely remember anything about the food. 

I don't see myself coming back any time soon.


Items sampled: chicken sandwich, fries, but thur squash soup, bread pudding, shrimp tacos

Location: 1031 S Rampart Blvd, Las Vegas, NV 89145

No comments:

Post a Comment