Saturday, August 15, 2015

Japaneiro - Las Vegas

Despite all the rave reviews I read on Japaneiro, I was still in no rush to visit. The location didn't seem very appealing. 

On an early Saturday evening we arrived and were seated quickly. The restaurant was pretty empty and the music was blaring. The menus didn't consist of many options, a majority of their specials are vaguely listed on a chalkboard near the entrance. Make sure you snap a picture so you don't end up standing up blocking the aisle while you decide what to eat.

Service was friendly and attentive but nothing from the specials or the menu had me too excited. We decided on a good assortment of items and waited for the onslaught of food.

The first round consisted of the rock shrimp that were a table favorite. I think I was the only person that didn't enjoy this dish. The flavors were a little sweet for my taste and I've had better versions with more spice and flavor elsewhere. 

Of the dishes we tried the standouts for me were the bone marrow filet, prawns and the octopus. The rest of the items were good but forgettable. 

We closed out our meal with several dishes from the dessert menu. All were perfunctory but needless to say, I was not wowed by a single one. The addition of red cabbage to the mochi dish still leaves me puzzled.

The pricing was a bit confusing on the chalkboard and most of the menu was a little pricy considering the awkward off strip location and the lack of inventiveness.

I enjoyed many things about the meal, but I don't see myself coming back to Japaneiro.

Location: 7315 W Warm Springs Rd, Ste 170, Las Vegas, NV 89113

No comments:

Post a Comment