Friday, August 22, 2014

Mochiko Chicken

Mochiko Chicken is a cute little spot for inexpensive chicken strips and chicken bowls. I arrived on the fourth day they were open and service was superb. The owners and staff really care and wanted genuine feedback to make their restaurant better.


My friend and I ordered the four piece chicken strip meal, the Ohana, and the Hawaiian Hen House, a grilled chicken bowl with rice. The strips are meaty and lightly battered. They are enormous, so a great value for the price. They aren't really mochiko style chicken, but are good. The chicken bowl wasn't very exciting. The chicken was good, but the flavors were on the bland side and I had to add some cole slaw to make it more interesting flavor-wise. The lychee lemonade was subtle, but a little sweeter than I would have liked. Still good, though.


The prices, portions and service were great, so I'm happy to come back again soon to try more menu items.



Items sampled: Hawaiian Hen House chicken bowl, The Ohana mochiko chicken strip combo with fries, cole slaw and a Hawaiian bread roll.

Location: 2101 S Decatur Blvd, Las Vegas, NV 89102

No comments:

Post a Comment