Sunday, February 15, 2015

Old School Brewery

I'm not really sure how to review this place. It's an awkward and very spacious location. We were driving in the area and decided to grab some food and drinks here.

We opted for the restaurant side, which is huge. It's a little too well lit for my taste and there are rows of booths as far as the eye can see. They just recently opened, but the decor is bare, and that's being kind. The walls are stark and there is really no ambiance to speak of.

The menu is small and despite the restaurant being completely empty the server only had one menu for our table and promised to find another one for us, which she did after a while. For a restaurant this large, I'm pretty surprised they don't have more menus, especially since they are printed paper on clipboards. 

The menu didn't look too exciting and after a while of perusing neither me nor my dining companion could find anything we wanted to try. Our server was so nice and friendly, we felt obligated to order something so I went with a house brewed Hef and my friend got a cider. We also shared some tater tots. The waitress offered me a sample of brew first off, which worked out well. I tried a sip and I didn't enjoy it one bit. So glad they gave me a sample first. The tots were basic but I didn't really enjoy any of the flavors of the beer cheese and bbq dipping sauces.

I wanted to like the place and although I didn't try too many options, I can't see making any special effort to return. I hope they can put a little more decor on the walls, lighten up the atmosphere and develop their menu a bit more and I could see this place being successful, but for now it's dullsville.


No comments:

Post a Comment