Sunday, February 15, 2015

Pink Box Doughnuts on Lake Mead

I've heard about Pinkbox for quite a while and they seem to have exploded here in town, so I'm surprised at myself that it took me as long as it did to give them a shot.

They are located in a generic strip mall along with tons of other chain shops. The store is small. There were a few of us in line and we all had to keep maneuvering to let one another by since it was so cramped. 

Their fridge was down, so they were keeping all cold beverages in the back. They have quite a few different options as far as donuts so but nothing really stood out to me surprisingly. I decided on the green tea because it looked the most enticing and the tutti frutti because I thought it was the most photogenic. 

The girl behind the counter was really nice and I was on my way in no time. 

The green tea was my favorite. Fresh, soft and subtle in flavor. I enjoyed this donut the best of the two I chose. The tutti frutti did nothing for me. It was overly sweet and the frutti pebbles on top had hardened. The cake donut was well-made and I ended up scraping the icing off and enjoying that part.

Overall, everything I tried was decent but I don't see this becoming my go-to donut spot.


No comments:

Post a Comment