Saturday, July 4, 2015

Dickey's BBQ Pit on Rainbow - Las Vegas

This place isn't so bad if you arrive with low expectations. I had a coupon so we ended up picking two to go plates to take horn with us. 

My fella and I both chose the two meat combo. They have pretty limited selections of meats and from these choices I picked the spicy cheddar sausage and the pulled pork and the potato casserole and mac & cheese. 

We were in and out in no time and took our meals home to enjoy. The meat was dry, both moisture-wise and sauce-wise. They didn't put any BBQ sauce on any of the meats and they provided a very tiny portion in the takeout container. Luckily we had some of our own to douse the meat with. The sausage was spicy and tasty but nothing I couldn't have purchased in a prepackaged container from the grocery store. The pulled pork was decent but definitely needed more sauce. 

My two favorite things about Dickey's were the potato casserole which is essentially loaded mashed potatoes and the crushed ice from the drink machine. I don't think that's enough to draw me back without a coupon.


Location: 5597 S Rainbow Blvd, Ste 110, Las Vegas, NV 89118

Items samples: pulled pork, spicy cheddar sausage, Mac & cheese and potato casserole

No comments:

Post a Comment