Thursday, July 2, 2015

Sin City Sandwich - Las Vegas

I wanted to like this place and I'll likely give them another chance in the future but based on my order I'm just not a fan after my first impression.

I arrived around 12:30 on a Wednesday and they were relatively busy. It's a small and relatively new shop so their menu listing wasn't the easiest to decipher but I decided to go with the Asian wrap from their specialty menu. 

The description sounded so odd that it intrigued me. Roasted pork loin on a pretzel tortilla with dragon fire sauce, pickled cucumber and cheese. When I received my order I have to admit I was a little disappointed. It looked so plain and bland, but I soldiered on and hoped for the best. I took a bite and the mean had great texture but all the flavors were just so bland. Nothing worked together well and I found myself struggling to finish my meal. The portion was incredibly generous but halfway through I gave up. 

The meat was juicy but flavorless, the pickled cucumbers had a tang but we're more vinegar than anything and it just gave off a sour taste lacking any complexity. I didn't taste the cheese at all and whatever the dragon fire sauce was supposed to be, it only vaguely tasted of mayonnaise with no kick.

Service was friendly and some of the other menu items look a little more promising, so I'll likely give them another shot, but I'll temper my expectations accordingly.


Item sampled: Asian wrap 

Location: 375 Lewis Ave, Las Vegas, NV 89101

No comments:

Post a Comment