Sunday, March 15, 2015

Yardbird - Las Vegas

We had the luxury of enjoying the private dining area to celebrate a birthday in our small group of seven. Arriving at 5:30, we were treated to a plethora of menu options and we all left full and happy. 

The highlights of the meal were the chicken and waffles, farmer's cheese with watermelon, meat pie that wasn't officially on the menu at the time of our meal, bone marrow on toast points, chicken and biscuits and the fried green tomato BLT. Everything was decadent and prepared with love. Honestly, I can only think of one menu item that we tried that I didn't enjoy. The mac & cheese was decent, but didn't live up to the rest of the meal. It's the only thing I wouldn't order again, which is impressive based on the quantity of menu items we had the pleasure of trying.

Of the desserts, my favorite was the black and blueberry cobbler. I'm a sucker for anything fruity and this lived up to my expectations. I don't have a huge sweet tooth, but the rest of the desserts we tried were excellent as well. A table favorite was the chess pie. A little too sweet for my palate, I do understand the appeal and recommend it to those who enjoy sweeter dessert items. 

Overall, it was an excellent meal with great company and I look forward to coming back again soon.


No comments:

Post a Comment