Sunday, July 20, 2014

Mizumi

With high expectations, we arrived at Mizumi to celebrate our anniversary. 

We were seated at a table with a beautiful view of the waterfall area and our server was incredible. She was attentive and sweet and definitely made our anniversary dinner special. 

I had researched the menu in advance so I would know what to order. We decided on a few different items, both from the sushi and robatayaki menus. 

We started with the Mizumi roll and I was a little disappointed. All the ingredients sounded great together but the taste didn't live up to the expectation. It just didn't taste as fresh and flavorful as I had hoped. The lobster was tough and a little on the chewy side. The brussel sprouts were good, albeit a little overdressed in balsamic vinegar. The highlights from what we ordered were probably the rice balls, pork belly and the bacon wrapped enoki. These are items that are pretty hard to screw up. I've had better versions elsewhere, but these were decent. My least favorite items were the sweet potatoes, shishito peppers and eggplant. I rarely meet a shishito pepper or eggplant dish that I don't enjoy, so these were particularly disappointing to me. 

We ended our meal with the Mizumi mask dessert. I had low expectations for this, since I mostly ordered it expecting it to be a good photo op over actually enjoying the dessert. It was tasty, but definitely nothing amazing. It did have a wow factor as far as presentation goes, though. 

Our anniversary was great, mostly due to the fantastic company and excellent service, but the food was just ok on this visit. I am interested in trying more of their menu options on another visit, but I'd likely skip most of what I ordered during our last dinner. I have no idea if we just arrived on an off night, but I'd likely give them another whirl in the future.


 
Items sampled:
Mizumi roll, shishito peppers, pork belly, Yuzu eggplant, rice ball, brussel sprouts, sweet potato, filet and Mizumi mask dessert.

Location:
Wynn Las Vegas 
3131 Las Vegas Blvd. South, Las Vegas, NV 89109

No comments:

Post a Comment