Saturday, May 9, 2015

Island Sushi - Las Vegas

I've heard mixed things about this sushi spot over the years, so I finally ventured over with my OG for some all you can eat sushi action and see for myself.

The wait was pretty long but they were able to seat us quickly if we sat at the bar. The restaurant is very small and cramped. The seating was especially tight at the bar. 

I figured sitting at the bar, service would be better since we had direct access to the sushi chef, but I was wrong. It was hard to get his attention to order anything and there was a number of items we ordered and never received. The service from the kitchen was the same. Slow and on several occasions they brought out what we ordered to another table only to let us know and we were forced to wait a little longer for our items. 

The service issues were enough to make me not interested in returning, but the food didn't really do it for me either. No standouts and almost every dish was something I've had better versions of at other sushi restaurants.

Location: 9400 S Eastern Ave, Ste 103, Las Vegas, NV 89123

No comments:

Post a Comment