Monday, May 11, 2015

Shave and Lather - North Las Vegas

Vegas is the perfect location to open a shave ice place and Lather and Shave have become another great contender.

I heard about this place via Instagram from fellow Yelper Amanda M and I was excited to try, despite their location all the way across town from me. Since I'm never in the area, I figured it's worth visiting as many places as I possibly could while I was in the area.

Lather and Shave was the first stop on our outing to North Las Vegas and I have to say it was great. The flavors are made of all-natural ingredeints and who doesn't love shave ice. I opted for the blackberry and pineapples flavors topped with vanilla lather, which is essentially their homemade whipped cream. I was tempted by added some spice, but wasnted to err on the side of caution and not try something too spicy during my first visit. 

The flavors were great. The pineapple overpowered the blackberry as I expected, so I'd likely only get the pineapple next time and try some razor rash on there for good measure. My friend tried the ginger spray and despite asking for more to be added after her first few tastes, she didn't get much of the ginger flavor. Since I'm not a huge fan of ginger, that didn't bother me, but she seemed disappointed, so that's something to keep in mind if you order. 

They are located at the Dinosaur Park at the Aliante Discovery Park. It's a great location where kids and families congregate regularly. There are even several ice cream trucks that park in the same area. I wouldn't drive all the way across town for them all on their own, but if they were located anywhere near where I live, I'd be a regular customer this summer. 

If you are in the area make this place a stop. The owners are really sweet and more than willing to talk to you about their vision for healthy shave ice. Grab a cup and sit by the lake to enjoy your all-natural dessert.


Item sampled: pineapple and blackberry shave ice with vanilla lather.

Location: 2627 Nature Park Dr, North Las Vegas, NV 89084

No comments:

Post a Comment