Friday, May 15, 2015

Searsucker - Las Vegas

Dinner on a Friday evening just a few days after they opened and Searsucker already had a decent amount of people seated, enjoying their food.

We were seated in an awkward table in a walkway on the way to the restroom so my chair got kicked and bumped on a number of occasions. If I were to return I would ask for a more secluded table.

I had the pleasure of enjoying a meal with several dining companions which gave us a chance to order and sample a number of items from the menu.

For a new restaurant service already seemed on point, but that may just have been our good fortune to get the only server in the restaurant that came over from the Searsucker location in San Diego. He was knowledgable, friendly and very attentive. 

Our plates came out in a well-balanced manner. Never inundating us with too much food so we were able to sample at a leisurely pace.

My favorites from the evening were the mahi, pork butt, egg and pork belly and surprisingly the strawberry salad. Each of these dishes were well-cooked and the flavors were on point. 

The rest of the food was good, but didn't leave a lasting impression with me. I love brussel sprouts but these weren't as crispy as I like and seemed drowned in garlic, not really allowing me to enjoy the flavor of the vegetable. I was in the minority in my opinion of this dish, so it might just be a personal preference. 

Of the desserts we sampled, the smores dish came out as a table favorite. Even I, who am neither a huge fan of chocolate or smores, enjoyed it, though I couldn't take more than a bite since it was rich. This dish is best shared. The rest of the desserts didn't really do as much for me, but they were decent. Again, I was in the minority on this opinion, so it may be due to my lack of sweet tooth. 

Searsucker is already ahead of the game after opening so recently. Good service, excellent location and decent food to boot. With their eclectic menu and late night availability I see them being successful in catering to the pre-show and after clubbing crowd quite well.


Location: 3570 South Las Vegas Blvd, Las Vegas, NV 89109

No comments:

Post a Comment