Saturday, May 9, 2015

Rise & Shine: a Steak and Egg Place

My family and I walked in around 1pm a few days after they opened and we were seated promptly. 

The restaurant is very large, unlike many other breakfast spots in town, so I was already pleasantly surprised. The decor is fun with spinning flowers dangling above the dining area and fun pictures to admire on the walls.

For my entree I decided on the fried chicken breast and waffles while my mom and fella both opted for different versions of the chilaquiles. As a last minute decision we ordered a pot o bread when we saw a bunch of them come out of the kitchen for another table, tempting us. 

Service was slow to start, but I cut them some slack since they just opened and are finding their groove. It got better and more attentive as the meal progressed. 

Our food came out and the portions were enormous, making me wish we had shared. My chicken breast eclipsed my waffle on my plate and I wish they had not places the chicken on top of the waffle since the heat seemed to make the waffle limp and a little mushy. The flavor of the waffle was good but the chicken wasn't as good as I expected. It was cooked well but the flavor of the batter seemed off. It had a spicy kick but still seemed very bland and had a starchy aftertaste that I didn't care for.

My mom and fella raved about their chilaquiles and after sampling them I can't say I agree. The temperature seemed a bit on the colder side and the cheese wasn't entirely melted. The steak that came with my fella's meal was a little over cooked and the seasoning was a bit overdone. He loved his dish, so I guess that's all that matters. The pot of bread was awful, I don't recommend this at all. It was dry and flavorless. I took a bite and left it alone. 

Overall, the service was good and the food was hit and miss. My family loved the meal so we will likely be back, but I will be sure to sample a different dish next time and hope for the best.

Items sampled: fried chicken and waffles, pot bread, steak and chilaquiles. 

Location: 9827 W Flamingo Rd, Las Vegas, NV 89147

No comments:

Post a Comment