Tuesday, October 27, 2015

Chada Street - Las Vegas

A week after my visit to Chada Street, I'm still wavering between three and four stars. Looking back at all the food our group of seven was able to try, there were a couple of standouts but for the most part most of the dishes were just incredibly solid. 

We started our meal with the blue pea limenade which was refreshing and a fun novelty with the color-changing aspect of the drink. I highly recommend starting with this if you visit. My favorite dishes from the meal were the crab fried rice, northern style sausage, crab curry and the larb. The sausage was exceptional as it was incredibly spicy and flavorful. The crab curry had excellent flavor although it didn't come with many noodles to absorb all the sauce, so I'd recommend ordering extra or a side of rice to assist. I don't typically enjoy ground meat, but since we had all heard great things about Chada's larb, I admit I did really enjoy the flavors. 

We ordered a number of desserts as well and although they serve two different versions of one of my favorite desserts, my favorite was the warm bread cubes with pandan custard. We all noted it's resemblance to ectolasm, but it was tasty and unique. 

The rest of the dishes were all good, but didn't leave as memorable an impression on me. Service was friendly albeit a little forgetful. The pacing of the dishes was a little quicker than we would have preferred and actually had to ask the server to slow down the dishes to allow us time to eat the first rounds before the next arrived. 

The restaurant is very nice and I'm interested in trying more dishes on a future visit.



Location: 3839 Spring Mountain Rd, Las Vegas, NV 89102

No comments:

Post a Comment