Thursday, February 27, 2014

DK's Donuts

After the whole cronut craze took off, I kind of made a promise to myself not to join in on the hype and actually made a concerted effort to avoid the latest food fad.

While in Santa Monica for the weekend I happened upon DK's Donuts and noticed all the positive reviews and accolades and decided to give them a try. With a line out the door around 9:30 pm on a Saturday, I had high expectations.

I noticed many varieties of cronuts in the display case and I just couldn't resist. After all this time, I gave in and tried the infamous pastry. We ordered a plain sugar and cinnamon, boston creme and a strawberry cream to go, as well as six donut holes that came free with our Yelp check-in.

We couldn't resist digging in as soon as we reached our car with our goodies. Crunchy on the outside, yet moist and perfectly chewy on the inside, I was in love.

What a perfectly magical way to pop my cronut cherry. I'm so glad I waited for the right one to make it a special and memorial moment.





No comments:

Post a Comment