Thursday, February 27, 2014

Weiss Deli

I finally ventured to Weiss for lunch with my friend. I have heard talk of this place for ages, so was excited to try what they had to offer. Since everyone seems to always rave about their chicken noodle soup, so I knew I had to give that a chance. I decided on the half sandwich and soup, to maximize the amount of things I could try. I'm not typically a big fan of deli meat, but still went with the corned beef.

The soup came out quickly and was enormous. Lots of meaty pieces of chicken and a huge matzo ball in the center. The matzo ball was perfection, I'm usually easy to please with these. The soup was a little under-seasoned for my taste, so I had to add some salt and pepper. I rarely ever have to add salt to anything, so this was very, very rare for me. The soup was very filling and by the time my sandwich came out I was stuffed. I ate about half my half sandwich, which was enormous as well and packaged the rest to go with me. My friend ordered the pastrami burger with fries. It was huge and looked really good and meaty. The patrons at the next table were impressed as well and kept asking him about his order and if it tasted as good as it looked, to which he answered "yes." My sandwich was good and I enjoyed it for the mots part. The bread was a little dry, but adding mustard really enhanced the flavor. I would be curious about their clubs or a reuben next time as those looked tasty, as well as their breakfast items.


Service was friendly, but they were short with us and we felt a bit rushed. After our second drink refill, the server left the pitcher on our table without a word, making us feel like we were bothering him a bit. Our other server was efficient, but not very chatty and didn't make much effort beyond what was expected.

For the most part, we had a decent meal and I'd be curious to check them out again and try some more items from their very extensive menu.






No comments:

Post a Comment