Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Montesano's Eateria

I was excited by the prospect of trying Montesano's. We arrived around noon and the place wasn't too busy. We shared a large number of items from the menu.

Here's a list of all everything we tried:

GARLC KNOTS: Really good. Really small, but warm, flavorful and soft.
RICE BALLS: These were just ok. I enjoyed them, but they weren't notable.
LASAGNA EXPLOSIONS - I don't usually like lasagna, but this was a nice change of pace from typical lasagna. Moist and very cheesy.
TRIPE - My favorite part of the meal. I don't typically enjoy tripe, but this preparation was very enjoyable. Not chewy at all and didn't have that tripe-y smell that usually turns me off.
MEATBALLS & ITALIAN SAUSAGE - This dish was ok. The meatballs are huge, however, and I enjoyed the tomato sauce.
SEAFOOD PASTA IN GARLIC CREAM SAUCE - This dish was just ok. the sauce didn't have enough depth of flavor for me and I don't see myself ordering this dish again if I returned.
SICILIAN PIZZA - I'm not usually a fan of deep dish. This had nice flavor, but it was a little doughy for my taste. Everyone else seemed to love this pizza, so it's just a matter of preference.
WHITE PIZZA - This was one of the standouts. The pizza was seasoned and cooked well. I could have eaten just this dish and been happy.
EGGPLANT PARM - I absolutely love eggplant, but this wasn't my favorite preparation. Too much breading and the eggplant was sliced a little too thinly for my taste. I do enjoy how they serve ziti instead of spaghetti with this dish, since I'm not a fan of spaghetti.
ZEPPOLES - These were my favorite of all the desserts served. I usually don't enjoy Italian desserts since they are a little denser than I prefer, so the zeppoles stood out for being a little more subtle and not overly sweet. Plus, I can never resist powdered sugar.
RAINBOW CAKE - This was a little on the dry side for me. A little too chocolatey as well, but that's just a matter of preference.
ASSORTED COOKIES - These were good. They have a number of varieties and I would be back for more of these for sure.

Service was spectacular. Our drinks were kept full and everyone was extremely friendly and entertaining, making our meal that much more enjoyable.

We all had a great meal and there were plenty of leftovers for all. I was able to take some home to my mom who's a pasta fanatic and she loved it. I'd definitely be back for pizza, tripe and dessert as those were my favorites from our meal.











No comments:

Post a Comment