Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Al's Donuts

My mom wanted to try the infamous croissant/donut and so I went on the hunt. They were out at the two places I tried before Al's, so third times a charm. We arrived around noon and there weren't any in the display case, but the lady behind the counter let me know that they had some in the back that she was busy dressing so we had free reign on what flavors we could have. By free reign, I mean we were able to choose from the three flavors they have: chocolate, maple and vanilla. I opted to try the chocolate and maple. We didn't order any regular donuts.

This donut shop is right across from UNLV, on the corner or Harmon and Maryland. It's small and not particularly noteworthy and a little on the dingy side. The pastries were large and a little overly sweet for my taste. I love powdered sugar, but they were covered in them, so it was a bit of overkill. For the most part, the pastry was moist and had good texture, but I don't see myself going out of my way to try them again soon. Al's is a good option for students or those who live in the area.



No comments:

Post a Comment