Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Society Cafe

Before my visit to Society Cafe, I can't say my expectations were too high for their food. The service was exceptional, however.

We started with the crab fritters which were tasty, albeit a little fishy. The flavors were definitely enhanced when masked by the dip on the plate. They also served warm pretzels with mustard. The pretzels were good, but I didn't love the mustard and I love mustard usually. I decided to stick with eating these pretzels dry. For our main entree I ordered the ribeye topped with bleu cheese and my fella ordered the shortrib with lobster mashed potatoes. I opted to replace my fries with mixed veggies instead. The steak was good, but I felt that the bleu cheese over powered it quite a bit so I would avoid this addition next time. The shortrib was a little on the dry side and I ended up trading dishes with my fella halfway through since he wasn't loving his meal. The veggies and steak were the winners of this dinner. The mashed potatoes were good but didn't have a lot of lobster or lobster flavor in them.

Overall, our meal was very enjoyable but I would likely explore other menu items on our next visit. There are better options for this price point to be found, for sure.








No comments:

Post a Comment