Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Kailyn's Kitchen

I have been excited to try Kailyn's Kitchen after reading a glowing review from a friend of mine. We arrived around 11 on Saturday and most of the seats were taken already. We were seated at the last available table and given a moment to peruse the menu.

It took a while to decide since they have an extensive menu. We decided on the truffle tots with kalbi, a full stack of pancakes and a basic breakfast combo. The food came out quickly. I also ordered an iced tea. Definitely not my favorite iced tea, but I added sugar and that helped even out the flavor a bit.

The truffle tots smelled amazing and were delicious. The truffle was a little overpowering, but I love truffle so I enjoyed this dish quite a bit. I'd order this again in a heartbeat. The pancakes were good. Huge portion and homemade. I wish they were a little more cooked, as the texture seemed a bit on the doughy side, but that's more of a personal preference. The basic breakfast is the best deal. For only $3.25 we got two eggs any style, hash browns, toast and some sausage mixture with onions.

The food was all solid and for the price we will definitely be back. They had very interesting omelets and burgers I'm excited to try on our next visit. I love innovative menus and for that alone I would return. Doesn't hurt that everything was delicious as well.

Everyone was very nice and I am happy to support small businesses here in Vegas. Definitely worth a visit. I highly recommend Kailyn's Kitchen.






No comments:

Post a Comment