Wednesday, April 2, 2014

District One

I had pork belly on my mind when I tried this place for lunch, but was a little disappointed to find out that they didn't have any since it was still cooking and it wouldn't be ready until dinner.

Since I had my heart set on pork belly, it took me a little bit to recoup and figure out what to order. I finally decided on the combination rice plate with shortrib and my dining companion opted for the steak and eggs. The food came out pretty quickly, although my dish came out a few minutes before my friends, which was a little annoying. The lobster pho looked amazing as they were serving it to a neighboring table, so that definitely piqued my interest for my next visit.


I enjoyed my shortribs and everything I tried was solid. Service was good and refills were plentiful. I especially enjoyed the kim chee which was on the spicy side and was very flavorful. I still couldn't get the pork belly out of my head, so I'll likely have to come back for that, but I've learned my lesson and will call in advance to make sure that they have it ready before coming in.


No comments:

Post a Comment