Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Elements Kitchen & Martini Bar

I have wanted to check out Elements for a while now and finally got the opportunity to visit for nice leisurely happy hour on the patio.

We arrived around 5pm on a Sunday and the place was empty. We decided to sit out on the patio to enjoy the nice weather and extended daylight due to the time change. We opted to stick to the tapas and discounted martinis they had on special, $5 for any martini. Seemed like a great deal and they have over 500 to choose from. We also ordered some messy fries, stuffed olives and a pizza to share. The stuffed olives were nice. Wrapped in bacon and stuffed with cheese. The pizza was ok. A little undercooked and came out a little on the lukewarm side, which wasn't very appetizing. The fig added a nice flavor but a little more time in the oven would have helped the texture and flavor. The messy fries were the highlight of the meal. The fries slathered were in buffalo sauce and tossed with chunks of bleu cheese. They were spicy and dripping with sauce and yet maintained a nice crunchy texture. The martinis were ok. I ordered the blackberry and my fella got the strawberry shortcake. There were so many options I found it difficult to narrow down what I wanted. I'll definitely have to take more time to research next time I come.

Overall our meal was nice but nothing was amazing and since we didn't order meals I can't speak too much to the regular menu.

Our server was extremely attentive, almost too much at times, but we appreciated his effort since we were outside and he didn't want us to think he forgot about us at any point.

More people trickled in around 6pm, so hopefully they do get more people than we saw during our meal. I would be interested in coming back for happy hour again. $5 martinis are a great deal and I'd likely come back for that alone.





No comments:

Post a Comment