Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Mama Kat's

I was in town visiting a friend and we needed a new breakfast spot to try. I pulled out my faithful Yelp app and Mama Kat's popped to the top of my search list. It looked promising so we made our way over.

We arrived around 10 in the morning and the place was already pretty busy. There was a bit of a wait, but they have coffee and seating for those who are patient enough to wait. I noticed so many customers that came in and chatted with the staff and they all knew them by name. This is definitely a local spot where people become regulars. The servers greeted the customers by name, which I found impressive. After about 20 minutes we were taken to our table.

The menu is extensive and it took us a while to decide what to get, everything looked great. I opted for the college rule eggs benedict and my fella got the chicken fried steak. It took a while for the food to come out, but they were very busy and they made sure our drinks were always refilled. I had the iced tea, which was perfectly brewed. Strong, like a I like it and great flavor.

Once our food arrived we were in awe. The portions were extremely generous and the size of the plates was a little daunting. My benedict was delicious. Generous portions of shaved ham and avocado and the egg was cooked perfectly. The hollandaise was great as well. Even my fella who doesn't really like hollandaise was a fan. The chicken fried steak was moist and perfectly cooked. Both meals were great and I don't think I would have been able to finish without my fella eating half my meal. They have the option of ordering half benedicts for $2 less, so I'd recommend this for any person with a smaller appetite.

There is a cute little patio that is pet-friendly if you decide to dine here with your furry friends, as well. Service was extremely attentive and very nice. Every server we came across from friendly and seemed to truly care about being helpful. This is a great local breakfast spot in the area and I would love to stop in again when I'm in the area.





No comments:

Post a Comment