Saturday, January 11, 2014

Burger Bar

I have been to Burger Bar on a number of occasions over the years and have never really been blown away by the burgers.

On this particular occasion we were here for happy hour. Service was great from start to finish. Pleasant and extremely attentive by several different servers and bartenders. The drinks were good as well. Prices were right and I stuck with the strawberry mojito on special while my fella got a beer as well as a mai tai that he enjoyed for the most part. The happy hour food was les than stellar. The wings were probably the highlight, but they were a little dry and lacking in any real spice. The chicken tenders were sad and were similar to ones we could get at Denny's. The sliders were the least appetizing of everything we ordered. Lacking in flavor and after one bite I wasn't interested in eating any more.

I have had some good burgers here in the past but nothing particularly noteworthy. I do remember enjoying their sides quite a bit and after a relatively lackluster happy hour we ended our meal with the cheesecake burger that ended up salvaging our whole dining experience. Not the best donut I've ever had but the combination of cheesecake and fruit nestled inside a glazed donut bun was the perfect ending to our meal.









No comments:

Post a Comment