Sunday, January 12, 2014

Pin Kaow on Rainbow

This was my first visit back to Pin Kaow in several years and I still can't say that they are a favorite of mine. The restaurant is very nice looking. Large, clean and nicely decorated. We came in around noon and there were two other parties seated already. The restaurant was eerily quiet, I wish there was louder music playing to offset the awkward silence. My mom and I almost felt like we needed to whisper, it was that quiet.

We ordered a chicken fried rice and basil duck to share. The rice was tasty, but it's hard to screw up fried rice. The basil duck was pretty good as well. The sauce was good, but a little lacking in substance. The flavors are a lot more subtle than I would like. Overall, Pin Kaow is just an ok dining spot in the valley.
 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment