Saturday, January 11, 2014

Metro Pizza - Dacatur & Flamingo

Not my favorite Metro location, since it's obviously dated, but they have the same pizza you'd find at any of their other locations in town. I was finally able to try their early bird special. From 2:30 to 4:30 every Monday through Thursday, they offer 50% off every pizza on their menu. I never get the opportunity to take advantage of this offer, until New Year's. I got home early from work and I just couldn't resist trying out their discounted pizza.

We tried The Loop, a stuffed pizza. It was my first time trying any of Metro's less traditional pies. The pizza was enormous, my mom and I were only able to finish one piece each and we had leftover pizza for the rest of the week. I had wished that the pizza would be stuff with more sauce and our server had recommended we have our sauce on the side as well, since we'd likely be taking it home for later. That was a smart idea, but it also left the pizza a little dryer and less flavorful than I would have liked. Next time, if I order this again, I will definitely get a smaller pizza so I could order the sauce on top to allow it to soak in and really saturate the pizza.

Overall, they aren't my favorite pizza in town, but they are solid and they have excellent deals for lunch and early bird, that I just can't seem to resist.
 
 






 

No comments:

Post a Comment