Saturday, January 11, 2014

Shish Kabob House

Walking up to the restaurant it was hard for me to figure out how to get inside. The first door I tried was locked and so was the second door I tried. I guess it was third time's a charm. I almost gave up thinking they were closed for a private party, but I persevered.

The restaurant is much larger than I was expecting. Very nice as well. They have a little stage near the entrance that, so I look forward to checking this place out on the weekends. Their menu is very well-priced. I was impressed with how inexpensive everything is. I ordered a gyro plate and combination kabob platter to-go. The wait was a little long and as I sat there I noticed a few patrons having to flag down the waitress to order, ask for menus, refills and drinks. The servers were all really nice and kept checking on me while I waited.

After about 30-40 minutes, my food was ready, I paid my check and was on my way. When I arrived home, I was surprised to find the huge portions of the food. For about $23 and change I ended up with food enough for three people. The gyro was just ok, but our favorite was the kabob platter. It comes with your choice of 2 pork or lamb chops, some chicken and beef kabobs. It also comes with steak fries, a large side salad and some rice. So much food and so affordable. The meat was great, perfectly cooked, moist and very flavorful.

I can't believe I have been passing this place for so many years without giving them a try. I will be back... and often.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment