Saturday, January 11, 2014

Fat Dumpling

I was driving down Spring Mountain on my way home and decided to stop by Lee's for a quick milk tea, when I saw the sign for Fat Dumpling. I had never noticed this place pop up, so stopped in for a quick to go order.

They have a small dining area, but they can fit a sizable amount of tables for dine in guests. All the servers were really friendly and I was greeted quickly and politely by two when I walked in. One server told me they had only been open two days, so I was pleasantly surprised by how big a crowd of diners they had attracted.

Their menu is extensive. I noticed soup dumplings and got excited, but since I was doing takeout I knew that was a no-go. Next time for sure. I ended up with the pork and cabbage dumplings and a taro slush with boba. My dumplings came out first and were packaged well to go. I had hoped for some sauces or something, but I just used some stuff I had at home to dip them in. My taro slush wasn't amazing. It was a little on the thick side and too sweet. Not my favorite in town, but they have quite a few flavors, so I'd be interested in trying some of their less conventional flavors.

I tried some dumplings as soon as I got home and they were good. Lots of meat and pretty flavorful. Not the best I've ever had, but solid and a huge portion for the price. They're a new spot, so I give them the benefit of the doubt and I look forward to trying a few more of their menu items in the future.

 









No comments:

Post a Comment