Monday, January 27, 2014

Chaiya Meditation Monastery Food Fair

How in the world did it take me so long to try the Chaiya Meditation Monastery Food Fair. Every month I have the best intention, but once the time rolls around the idea of waking up early on a Sunday for Thai food loses out to my laziness. This month, I finally made it, and it was pure awesomeness.

We arrived just before 9 and they were all set up and people were already there waiting. It's important to arrive early if you want to get your name on the list for pad thai or papaya salad, both made to order. I got my name on the list and then we perused the other foods while we waited. Everything is so cheap and tastes amazing. We ended up with so many delicious items to take home with us. It was all amazingly delicious. It took about an hour and we were on our way. For about $40 we had enough food for our family for a few days worth of meals and lots of variety.

My name is on the list for curry puffs for next month, so see you all there next time and hopefully I get my hands on some of that great-looking mango sticky rice.







No comments:

Post a Comment