Sunday, November 9, 2014

Blueberry Hill - Decatur & Flamingo

This is the newest Blueberry Hill. It opened up a little over a week ago on the corner of Flamingo and Decatur and replaced what used to be a Marie Callender's. 

They didn't change much as far as interior decor goes, but I am glad after quote a while of this location being vacant that there is a new restaurant in the area. Even better to have a new breakfast spot. 

On this occasion, my mom and I stuck to the dinner menu and they have several grand opening specials going on now. We opted for dinner entrees and received a free dessert. The menu is huge and after a long time of perusing I decided on the honey coconut chicken with a side of fries and green beans. I do not like canned veggies, so I avoided the green beans, but enjoyed the rest of my meal. The chicken was moist and not overly sweet like I was expecting. My mom enjoyed her pork chops and for dessert I ordered the carrot cake and my mom went with the blueberry pie. She enjoyed her, but I felt mine was a little dry for my taste. I took it home and my fella enjoyed it quite a bit, so it's more of a acquired taste.

I'm usually a fan of this chain's breakfasts, so I'll be back for that. They also have an enormous assortment of desserts to choose from that are all made in house. 

The food is nothing amazing, but it's solid and this location is a lot nicer than others in town.


Items sampled: honey coconut chicken, pork chops, blueberry pie and carrot cake

Location: 4875 West Flamingo Road, Las Vegas, NV 89103

No comments:

Post a Comment