Sunday, November 30, 2014

Blue Bayou at Disneyland Park

I am a huge fan of Disneyland and I write this review with a heavy heart as I always hope for the best experiences when I am there. For the amount of money people are expected to spend and then add the extra splurge or dining inside the park, there is no reason the food shouldn't reflect this added expense. 

We decided to come to Blue Bayou to celebrate my fella's birthday. I was steering him towards other dining options since i had been to Blue Bayou in the past and had never been a huge fan but I remember having a few nice lunches there on previous visits. He was set on coming here so I made reservations and remained optimistic. 

We arrived on time for our reservation but still had to wait about 30 minutes for our table. Once seated, the service was superb. Everything you come to expect at the Disney Parks. It was the food that made this experience so lackluster. 

Despite my low expectations for the meal, the food was even worse than I expected. I ordered the lamb and my fella got the surf and turf. He ordered the shrimp cocktail to start and I went with the gumbo. The shrimp cocktail was more like a chopped shrimp salad with mayo and he didn't enjoy it. I offered to trade him for the gumbo since he ended up really liking that. The gumbo was probably the only decent thing we ate. The entrees arrived and they looked so sad on the plate. Brown clumps of soggy meat in sauce. It tasted as badly as it looked. Bland and awful. I debated sending it back, but ended up just sucking it up and waiting for our meal to end.

The bill came and we paid quickly and wanted to get out of there utterly disappointed with our meal. I write this review in hopes that they improve as I love everything Disney and the dining experiences should only enhance you visit not detract. 

If you do end up here, just stick with the gumbo and the Monte Christo from the lunch menu. 

Location: Disneyland, 1313 S Harbor Blvd, Anaheim, CA 92802

No comments:

Post a Comment