Sunday, November 23, 2014

Jazz Brunch at Country Club, Wynn Las Vegas

After hearing so many great things about the Jazz Brunch, I was excited to try them today for my mom's birthday meal. 

We arrived at 11 on the dot for our reservation and were seated quickly. Our server took our water order and told us our options for brunch. 

We decided to order some made to order entrees from the menu before venturing up to the buffet line. Nothing from the menu really stood out as exciting, but I held out hope that quality would win out over innovation. Unfortunately this wasn't the case. Flavors were just ok and I didn't enjoy most of the breakfast items we ordered from the print menu. 

The buffet line was pretty small. I enjoyed some of the meats from the carving station, but nothing that blew me away. The king crab was dry and after only a bite or two, I gave up on it entirely. The oysters were just ok and the only things I actually enjoyed were the bacon, cheeses, pastry basket and the asparagus. A sad percentage of the items sampled.

Service was spotty. Our server was very nice, but forgetful. He would say he was bringing refills or replacement silverware and we would wait and wait. He was apologetic, so I gave him the benefit of the doubt of first, but it started becoming ridiculous after a while and we all grew impatient. Despite mentioning it was mom's birthday, they did nothing to acknowledge it. I didn't expect a fanfare, but a nice little dessert with a birthday message would have been appreciated. Our waiter also forgot to bring over the dessert menu after asking a few times, we finally gave up and decided to pay our bill and leave.

The music was fun and the view was nice, but none of these factors made up for the food and service issues we encountered. I won't be back and wouldn't recommend to anyone I know.


Location: 3131 Las Vegas Blvd. South, Las Vegas, NV 89109

No comments:

Post a Comment